Culinary delights

Have you ever noticed that whenever we go to a 5 star hotel or something even small things, like for example, even a coffee is pretty complicated. They give you coffee, milk, sugar everything separate and you are expected to mix them and drink. If you go to the local teashop, they give you the same thing mixed perfectly to your taste and all you have to do, is to just drink it, and all this for a fraction of the cost. Anyway coming back to the mixing on your own stuff, yesterday I had the same unique 5 star experience at my own home. My wife made this amazing fish curry. It had fish, water, turmeric, chili pepper and coconut. Just like in 5 star hotels, they were served in a bowl as immiscible as it can be, with the ingredients floating all around in the bowl. All I had to do was, to stir, pick and eat whatever ingredient, I wanted. I even fancied having a fishing net to fish it out of the bowl, after all it was really a simulation of fishing. If the fish were not cut, they most likely would have come back alive and started swimming around. It was really a unique experience and a warning to anyone who plans to eat at my place. Make sure before you come, that Rakhi is not cooking her fish ala-kope'a, coz if she is, you may want to turn back, and promise, I would not take it personally.

Comments

Sarath said…
Really wanted to visit you sometime...now reconsidering ;-)
Unknown said…
Well, this is what happens when u get used to 5-star treatment!
U start complaining... anyways ask rakhi to come to auburn for sometime and u can enjoy the tea-kadai treatment for sometime... wat say?? :)
Unknown said…
he..he...good one .....nee anghu ksheenichu pooyi ennu paranayan varu vaayirunnu......anyways ini paranghu vishamipikhunilla... :)
Anonymous said…
That was a nice short story (experience).That reminds me of something which happened some years back. anand and me were friends from childhood and i used to frequent his house regularly.During one such visit i happened to face my dear friend sitting in front of his breakfast visibly shaken and in a very bad mood.Searching for the reason for his mood my eyes rested on his breakfast which included appam (a kerala delicacy) and Egg masala served hot. There were two eggs inside the masala. Something about the eggs caught my attention.One of the eggs were white in color while the other was brown in color.My instinct forced me to ask the question about the mother of the egg.. i mean whether its from a hen or something else...becoz from my experience i never saw a hen laying such kind of egg.
What i got as the answer was least expected and i couldnt help laughing my head off.Well,it so happened that his house keeper cum cook made the same Egg masala the previous day.She kept the remaining one egg and gravy in the refrigerator and reheated on the next day which gave the egg the dark brown color.She boiled one second egg on that day and added along with the previous day's masala and served hot along with appam.Alas .. i should have entered the scene a little more later becoz by that time my dear friend would have thrown the hot and tasty egg masala over her head to the waste basket.

Popular Posts